Monday 29 November 2010

Culture? introducing Allison Sommers...

..Allison Sommers has work that will blow you`re mind. Intricat pattern-like pictures that takes you to a world besides our own. Allison has been kind enough to  share with the readers some of her toughts about her work, so enjoy; here is you`re daily shot at art with Allison Sommers:

..Afterbirth..

..Rat king..

..Owl and the pussycat..

..Apres moi..



..Beneath..

Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
I'm twentysomething and live in Brooklyn with my husband and a few animal friends.

-What inspired you to start illustrating?
I've been doing some sort of art since I can remember-- I think mark-making and doodling just came with the rest of the whole living-breathing-eating package. :)

-Is illustrating youre fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
Right now, I am doing as much art as the hours in the day allow. I also have a little bit of part-time work as a dog walker.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
I didn't-- I was a history major in University.

-Where do you find inspiration?
Absolutely everywhere. Trash on the ground, fat animals, meats in the grocery store.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I love too many artists to count. At the moment, I'm obsessed with Dieter Roth's art books.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
The best place to find my work outside my studio is at Thinkspace, in LA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.