Monday 14 February 2011

Culture? introducing Guim Tio..

..On this fine thuesday-morning I have the great pleasure of introducing Guim Tio. The work is very intense, and I do love the use of colour. Guim is telling us a little about his work and thoughts around it today, so I hope you all enjoy..
..Here it is, your (almost) daily shot of art with Guim Tio:

..

..annie..

..boy..

..olin..

..porcelana..





Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?Hello, my name Guim, I am 23 years and I'm from Barcelona. I love ice cream.-What inspired you to start being creative?I think we are all creative, in fact human beings are by nature creative.
I guess my inspiration to start painting were my grandparents, two painters and very good! They have a strong influence on my work ..
 -Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do? Right now I am a high school teacher in an institute of Barcelona, is a bit difficult to live of the art you do, but I try ... The truth is that with the Internet, the world will open,for example I just created my humble shop (www.guimtioshop.blogspot.com), take the opportunity to do some publicity ..
-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?I studied at the University of Arts in Barcelona, I majored in painting. Now I would like to study in another country, I think travel and seeing the world is essential for learning.

-Where do you find inspiration?In this latest project entitled Magazine, there is a clear influence of fashion and the concept of beauty. In my studio I have lots of fashion magazines that I work with to do my work, the beauty that deforms sold there and so I think ..

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?I like many artists, including Basquiat classic, Kupka, Bacon .. But the truth is I feel much more identified with the artists of today, are much closer to my concerns aboutits historical context and have similar concerns to mine in how contemporary they are ..Some of them are Conrad Roset, Irene Bou, Andrew Hem, Jennifer Davis, EdwardKinsella, ... the list could be endless nowadays there are very talented.

Where can my readers see you`re work?You can find my works in www.guimtio.blogspot.com, http://www.flickr.com/photos/guimtio/
or my Facebook page that goes very well to keep up with what I created ..
Right now I have works on display at the Gallery Artevistas of Barcelona, if you pass by Barcelona do not hesitate to visit the gallery.


culture? Guim Tio!



2 comments:

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.