Monday 6 December 2010

Culture? introducing Arianna Lerussi...

..The photografer Arianna Lerussi is todays feature. Her work is so strong and fragile, so honest in its form. Arianna has an eye for details, and an eye for colour wich makes her a great artist. Arianna has also been so kind to answer a couple of questions for us. So here it goes, your daily shot at art with Arianna Lerussi:

..Alla notte solo alcuni..

..Forse in un mattino di vetro..

..Mi  sono fatta un vestito color pianto..
..No words about..

..Take me higher..

..Vecchie albe..

- Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?my name is Arianna Lerussi and I’m twentyfour years old. I was born in Udine, north-east Italy but since 2005 I moved to Bologna to get my degree.
-What inspired you to start being creative?My grandpa was very interested in photographic instruments since he was little. He was the first one in his little village to bought a camera. he took photos of the people of the village for official ceremonies but also for documents passports and stuff. I usually look at him like a kind of contemporary Nadar. Back then I was a little girl but I can still remember my sensations. Photography for me was a truly magic act.
Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?Usually I shot to see reality and myself clearly, from the outside. Sometimes I discover something new, something I‘ve never seen before. Camera is like an arm for me, it’s a part of my body.
Shooting for me, it’ s a very natural necessity. I just feel the need to express it.
-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?I’m essentially a self-taught photographer. In 2009 I received my degree from DAMS (Italian higher education diploma in fine Arts, Music and Entertainment industry) in Bologna.My interest about photography grew in 2006, when I’ve got a kind of illumination during a lesson of the " history of photography " course.
That time I understood that photographs can create miracles, they close their world in square so it starts being immortal.
I attended a workshop about Self-portrait Photography by Anna Fabroni and Cristina Nunez.I’m in love with contemporary photography of the 90s, when for the first time, photographers put themselves in front of the lens and not necessary behind it. Doing that, they made possible the life-art connection.
Although, I prefer female works because I found in them a peculiar sensitive.
I was my first model. Then I concentrate myself to portraits especially female subjects. I’m crazy about cold and poetic atmospheres, opaque colors. I love painting effects.
-Do you have a favourite artist and if so who and why?I fell in love with Francesca Woodman’s self-portraits. I’ve written my degree thesis on her artwork, collected her catalogues and been utterly infatuated with her tragically short life. Everyone can actually see how deep she was in her essential nature.
-Where can my readers see your work?I’m actually working on my very first website reachable at www.ariannalerussi.com . Right now, you can access my flickr gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/sassocartaforbice .

-Where do you find inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.