Monday 27 December 2010

Culture? introducing Alexandra Muravey...

..Hi folks, and welcome back to culture? after our mini-break. I hope you all have had a great christmas, and that you are dying to get your daily shot of art! We are starting of big, with the very talented Alexandra Muravey. Alexandra has theese dreamy, calm paintings/drawings that are just floating. Alexandra has given the readers of culture? some thoughts around her work. Since we have been away for a couple of days, and Alexandra is so great we give you an extra large dose of your daily shot of art with Alexandra Muravey, enjoy!:

..Fox..

..Jump..

..Man...

..

..

..Seal2..

..Seal1..

..Toosh..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
My name is Alexandra (shorter Sasha) Muravey.I am more than 24 years and I live in Russia.

-What inspired you to start being creative?
It's in my nature - drawing, create, make something. But drawing first of all, I have done that all my life. Swear, all my life. Who know what force kicked me and made me an artist. My mother brought me to paint studio when i was 4 years old. Since then I just could not stop.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
Different times I tried to be an illustrator and a graphic designer, but not very sucsessful. Now (you would be surprised) I work in a cafe. As to self-determination, I feel myself more artist than illustrator or designer or whatever.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
Last year went in Higher Academic School of Graphic Design in Moscow. And I already said I studied in free paint studio during schooltime.

-Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere. Forms, characters, situations, emotions - that gives me impulse. In a majority, my drawings is not sensible, not conceptual. Just feelings, just moods of moments.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I havent. Too much good artists. Furthermore I can't say I like some artist for their social position or some consistent activity in art area. Only their works. I love works of masters from Northern Renaissanc to Japanese painting. Something like this.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
The best way is my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunytail/

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the drawing with the horse! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.