Sunday 16 January 2011

Culture? introducing Anita Dominoni..

..Todays feature is the great Anita Dominoni. I think it is suited to have Anita on a monday, because the work is so calm, new and strange, much like mondays. I am happy to say that Anita is telling us about her work, so I wish you all a happy read and a happy monday...
...Here it is, your daily shot of art with Anita Dominoni:








My name is Anita Dominoni. I'm 36 years old. I live in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. I was born in Feira de Santana, Bahia. My parents are from Argentina.
My life is divided into two countries. My childhood was here in Brazil. Then I went to Argentina, where I lived for 16 years. Then I came back to Brazil, where I live since 2002.

I used to like drawing and painting when I was a child. As a teenager I was even more interested in arts in general. So I went to the Colon Theater, Buenos Aires, to study Theatral Characterization. After that course I studied Scenography at the National School of Fine Arts Ernesto de la Carcova, now part of IUNA, the federal school of Fine Arts of Argentina. Meanwhile I was painting and drawing, as I've been doing almost for all my life.

To paint and draw I like to observe day-to-day life, human beings and their relations with each other and with the circumstances in which they live. My influences go from Rafael to naive painting like Rousseau and Dominique Peyronnet and also Paul Klee, Antonio Lopez, David Hockney, Alex Katz and John Currin.

My work can be seen in the following sites:


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anita-Dominoni-Visual-Artist/185540991460686

..culture? Anita Dominoni!..
www.flickr.com/anitadominoni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.