Sunday 9 January 2011

Culture? introducing Claudio A. Troncoso Rojas...

..We are kicking week number two of 2011, with the fabulous Claudio A. Troncoso Rojas. The simplicity in the lines and great expression in the figures makes a wonderfull combination. Claudio is telling us a little bit about his work, so happy reading..
..Here it is, your daily shot of art with Claudio A. Troncoso Rojas:


..Anywhere I lay my head (I wish I was in New Orleans...

..Fever Ray (If I had a heart)..

..Lesser matters (Strange thing will happen)..

..Mellow gold (Steal my body home)..

..Our inventions (Rest your head)..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?

Hi! My name is Claudio A. Troncoso Rojas, I was born in Chile, but now, and for a while I been live, study and work in Barcelona. I work as an architect, and I study a master in arts in the University of Barcelona. Now I am 31 years

-What inspired you to start being creative?

Well I think that since I was a boy I always have been interested in illustration and graphic design or images in general. I spend a lot of hours in my grandfather’s library and studio, he was a great painter and being surrounded for his art and referents inspired me to start my own work. Since that I always drawn but just in the last year I take this more and more seriously.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?

Making Illustration it´s not a fulltime job, normally I work like a freelance architect and other things not related with that. Sometimes I go to concerts like a press photograph. Now I go to an art school to do a Master of artistic creativity. Before of that I hadn´t had a real artistic formation.
-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
I've studied architecture in University of Chile, but I always try to take classes of things related with art, practical and theory. And like I say before, now I study in de art school of the University of Barcelona.

-Where do you find inspiration?

Well, inspiration for my it can come from very different sourses, photos, movies, musical videos, books, but especially music.
Listening to music I can think and feel different types of atmospheres and it makes me want to translate it in a drawing, generally figuratively.
Sometimes it happens to me that I make a sketch that does not convince me and that listened to certain song or melody, this one can fit to finish the drawing.
It is because of it also that a lot of my work has titles of albums and songs that are meaningful for me. That’s because I try to transmit an idea as a complete concept.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?

I have several favorite artists, all because different reasons..
Michael Borremans, for the scenes that it realizes, the atmospheres, the mystery that is represented in the painting, is happening something there in the picture, but we do not have access to that.
The same thing happens to me with David Lynch, his images, sounds, narratives … everything is joined to generate a great texture of complex sense and multiple meanings, abundance of areas in the shadow and situations of a incredible visual power.
Alfons Mucha, because I like very much the contrast between the simplicity of the outlines on the characters and the complexity of textures and details that it makes around them.
Yoshitomo Nara, I love it! , his colors, expressions and characters.
John Cage!!! And the whole visual production associated with his compositions.
I really like the work of Mike Mignola. The use of flat colors and the crudeness of his outline. And his characters, fantastic.
And many musical groups and musicians :Animal Collective, Gepe, Elliott Smith, Scott Walker, Morning Benders , Department of Eagles, Future Recordings, The Knife, Sonic Youth, I don’t know…and a lot of soundtracks.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
For the moment on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/claudiotroncosorojas/


Thank you Claudio for being a part of culture?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.