Friday 14 January 2011

Culture? introducing LNY...

..It is friday, and culture? is starting the weekend by featuring the cool works of LNY. LNY has also been so kind as to answer a few questions around his work, so happy reading, and happy friday!..
..Here it is, your daily shot of art with LNY:











-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?

Hi readers! So I try to keep a low profile due to the illicit nature of what I do. This persona I've created is called LNY; mid 20's, based in New Jersey, U.S.A. I'm interested in obsolete knowledge, drawing, alternative practices and the relationship between urban environments and the people that inhabit them.

-What inspired you to start being creative?
When I was young being creative wasn't really something I questioned and I think it's the same for all of us, the great thing is that some just never stop thinking this way. I would say that creativity to me is a mode of thinking that I have been nurturing enough to make it part of everything I do. You never know when something will inspire you so I decided to stay open to everything, like last night I watched the new Harry Potter flick and well, I didn't get inspired at all but I could have, I guess.


-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
I have done lots of things to support my art, teaching, dead-end jobs, being a student, web design, not working at all, being a tourist. Right now I'm somewhere between making money as an artist plus still working.



-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
I went to school in New Brunswick, New Jersey, where I found more that an educational institution but a community of artists, musicians, feminists, punks, anarchists, etc etc; most of which were just wonderful people to learn from. So in more than one way the town itself offered me a higher education. In school I studied painting, drawing and installation art eventually graduating with a Bachelors degree in painting. I have not painted since.

-Where do you find inspiration?
In grey areas, conflict zones and borderlines.




-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I don't have a favorite artist, I have many. They act like waves that come in and out of my subconscious, In the end whatever impression the artist makes will live on in the work I make.
Right now for example I am way into Kentaro Miura,Jay Electronica , Tugboat Printshop and Broken Fingaz crew.




-Where can my readers see you`re work?
On a wall near you or online @ http://lnylnylny.com/ on the Flickr and on that Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.