Thursday 14 April 2011

Culture? introducing Ulrika Kestere part1..

ULRIKA KESTERE PART 1
..Today`s feature is on the greatly talented Ulrika Kestere or Uli as called by friends. Uli is such a great artist in both photography and illustration, so I decided to show you both in to parts. This first part is on Uli`s amazing photography. The pictures are so emotional, and the compositions are just great. Uli is telling us a little bit about herself and her thoughts around her art today, so sit back, relax and enjoy...
...Here it is, your shot of art with Ulrika Kestere aka Uli part1:


...

...

...

...

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
My name is Ulrika Kestere but I encourage people to call me Uli because I think it sounds friendlier :)
I'm born in Latvia but I have lived in Sweden since I was 4 years old. 
I'm 23 years but still feel like a little girl.

-What inspired you to start being creative?
I think it was my dad. When I was young he colored and photographed a lot, and I wanted to do those things too. 
Also it was the only subject that really got my attention in school... art and design. I'm amazed how people can get into politics when there is wonderful things like photography and art.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
I wish it was my fulltime job. But no, at the moment I study industrial design.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
When I was little I went to artschool once a week for a couple of years. After high school I studied photography in Norway at Lofoten Folkhøgskole for two years. Now I'm studying industrial design at Ingvar Kamprads designcenter in Lund, Sweden. I took some dark room classes when I was in high school too.

-Where do you find inspiration?
Mostly from the forest actually! But also from fairytales, animals, the sea and other creative bloggers.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
Gosh... it's hard to pick one. Since the dog photographer William Wegman was pretty much my first favorite I usually say him. He does what I dream to do. 
Otherwise I love love love Tove Jansson, I think she was one of the greatest and most imaginative artist ever.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
My blog is frequently updated, my homepage not so much :)

culture? Ulrika Kestere!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.