Friday 13 May 2011

Culture? introducing Ana Carucci..

ANA CARUCCI
..The lovely Ana Carucci is our feature today. Ana`s work is highly charming and every work tells a little story. As a viewer you get dragged in to the work, it triggers the curosity. I am pleased to announce that Ana is telling us about her work and her thoughts around it for us in this post, so take it in and enjoy..
..Here it is, your shot of art with Ana Carucci:

..click..

..my favourite things..

..fabio lying on the grass..

..pal climbing..

..

..Pilita smokes and tiger pine..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?Ana Carucci. I was born 31 years ago in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where I currently live and work.


-What inspired you to start being creative?I´ve always enjoyed drawing and working with my hands. I guess my dad and my older brother were an early inspiration, I grew up watching my father paint and my brother making music, I was interested in art since I was a little child.


-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?I work full time as a freelance illustrator, mostly editorial. I also teach drawing lessons and run a little art gallery space in a music venue.
 

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?I dont have a formal education in drawing. I attended film school for a year, studied photography for a while, art history and costume design. Right now I´m taking painting classes, and studying animation and a bit of music.


-Where do you find inspiration?In what I see. Sometimes I observe and draw, sometimes I take pictures and then draw them, and sometimes I get inspired by someone else’s pictures. I think of myself as a photographer when I draw, I always carry a notebook and whatever calls my attention, I draw it. I guess it is a way to make the things I enjoy observing, mine. and It’s also about the curiosity to see how they look when they are drawn by me.


-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?Too many! And they change all the time. This week I´ve been reading a lot about Liliana Porter and I find her work amazing and inspiring.


-Where can my readers see your work?I regularly update my flickr: www.flickr.com/bambampics.

culture? Ana Carucci!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.