Thursday 22 September 2011

Culture? introducing Claire Oring..

...The fantastic photographer Claire Oring is our guest today. Claire`s work is like stepping in to a world of dreams, filled with soft colours, nature and fantasies, Claire`s work stands out in the enormous world of photographers. It is a true joy to present Claire`s work to all you readers, so enjoy the interview and the work..
..Here it is, your shot of art with..
CLAIRE ORING

..Wildflowers..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what
country you live in, age etc?
I’m a 22-year-old fine artist and photographer from Los Angeles.

..

-What inspired you to start being creative?
I’ve always been this way. When I was 3 years old I drew a mural across my wall with crayons during the night. My parents found it the next morning and they weren’t even mad. They kept it up for over a year.

...

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did  you study?

I just earned a BFA from Otis College of Art and Design. I was an animation major in the Digital Media department and studied under photographer Siri Kaur throughout my senior year. I’ll probably find myself in graduate school in the next couple years.

...

-Where do you find inspiration?
I love looking through boxes of old photographs at the Fairfax Flea Market in LA. There’s always an abundance of sepia-toned gems in them. Literature is a big influence as well. My new photographic series Conjure is inspired by The Crucible by Arthur Miller as well as an old book of love spells I bought when I was 11. I’ve always been fascinated by the way nature and science collide to create something mystical.

...

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I’m a huge art history buff. Asking me to pick a favorite is comparable to picking a favorite star in the sky. I love the limestone statuette The Venus of Willendorf. It’s from 22,000 B.C.E and was carved by a caveman. It’s just so obviously female. I have a replica of her made out of a bar of soap. It’s my pride and joy. I’ll never use it.

...

Want more? Go to:


culture? Claire Oring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.