Tuesday 15 November 2011

Culture? introducing Victoria Mansilla..

..Today`s feature is the wonderful Victoria Mansilla. Victoria`s work is so free-spirited, it is has such a great touch of a free mind and youthful naivety. I am a big fan of her use of blue pen, the effect is great. Victoria has been so kind as to tell us a little bit about her art and thoughts around it for us here in culture?, so enjoy and let her take you with you..
..Here it is, your shot of art with Victoria Mansilla..
VICTORIA MANSILLA

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what 
country you live in, age etc?  
-I'm Victoria, I was born in La Plata, Argentina, in 1986, I’m 24 years old. 
For the last two years I’ve been travelling around South America without having a fixed place, and at the moment  I’m in Mendoza, on the west side of Argentina.


-What inspired you to start being creative?
-When I was born, my father was a street artist. I grew up watching him draw everything he came across with, and also watching my mother cook, knit, sew, and all kind of handycrafts. Gradually, I started to do the same but in my own way. I just feel the need to create, to draw . 



-Is making art and art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
-Making art is my fulltime job! 
Since I’m moving constantly from place to place, I have come up with my own easy-to-carry-along sort of jobs.
I carry along a suitcase with all the materials I use to draw and make my own crafts, reproducing  the designs  I make everyday in my traveler’s sketchbook. Afterwards, I sell them in bars or squares in different places. Like a nomad editorial
 On the other side, I also do street juggling in traffic lights, something which is very common on this side of the world.



-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study? 
-I  studied Fashion Design in the University of Buenos Aires (UBA).


-Where do you find inspiration?
-I find inspiration everywhere. 
I like drawing every day, wherever I am.  For me, it’s like playing, it’s what  I enjoy the most, and it has gradually become my trade as well.
I enjoy watching how reality can be humorously modified in the sheet, as I start drawing something I’m seeing. I also enjoy the magic of images that appear by themselves.



-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
-I don´t really have one favorite artist, I have  loads of them. 
One of them is the famous Frida Kahlo.

culture? Victoria Mansilla!

Do you want more? Visit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ble-u







No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.