Thursday 18 November 2010

Culture? introducing Kozue..

..I came over this great artist on flick`r, her name is Kozue.
Kozue has the cutest stamps, and some great illustrations. Her work looks very contemporary, and she has a great eye for colouring. Kozue has been kind enough to share some of her tought`s around her work; so without further ado, you`re daily shot of art with Kozue:
..the french bulldogs, so cool..

..the crying girl..

..the foxy stamp..

..the polar-bear..

..and the portraitstamp`s, dont they look great!


-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?

Hello!  My name is Kozue.  I was born and raised in Japan.  Now I live in the states with my husband and dog( English bulldog).  


                             -What inspired you to start drawing and making stamps?

I had a typical japanese girl childhood who grew up with Japanese comic books, sanrio, and cute stationaries.  Ever since I remember I used to imitate drawings from those characters.  I always liked drawing, but I started getting more into it about 5 or 6 years ago.  Mostly, I was drawing crying girls or girls with sad faces.  At that time, some of my girl friends were having hard times and struggling with their life.  Then I came up with this line.    "They are weak.  They are strong.  They are BEAUTIFUL."  Nobody is always happy.  I started making stamps after I came to the US( about 2 years ago).  Carving eraser stamps are popular in Japan and I was looking at many artist's website which had fabulous stamps I would never thought it was made from eraser.  That was beginning of my carving stamps.  


                                                 -Where do you find inspiration?
Anything I see in every day life. movie, magazine, clothing, internet....  and FLICKR!  I am Flickr addict. (so is culture?)


                                   -Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?

I don't have any particular favorite artist...  So many people are talented. Everybody is great artist.


                                         -Where can my readers see you`re work?
You can see my work at 

Thank you Kozue for sharing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.