Saturday 20 November 2010

Culture? introducing Aðalheiður Guðmundsdóttir..

..Aðalheiður Guðmundsdóttir is just great at capturing nature in all it`s beauty. I found her work on flickr, and her work is just great.
Culture? is therefore proud to present some of Aðalheiður Guðmundsdóttir photos, and she has also kindly answered some questions. So here is you`re daily shot of art, we give you Aðalheiður Guðmundsdóttir:

..hunting high and low..

..the horse and the raven..

..if you leave..

..ravens..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country
you live in, age etc?

My name is Aðalheiður Guðmundsdóttir (Adalheidur Gudmundsdóttir if you
don't have the special Icelandic characters). I am Icelandic and live in
Garðabær, a town close to Reykjavik. I am 45 years old, married and a
mother of three children. I have a doctoral degree in Old Norse literature
and teach in the folklore department at the University of Iceland. My
university homepage is:
https://uni.hi.is/adalh/

-What inspired you to start taking photos?

I have always had a strong need to express myself by creating. When I was
younger I wrote poetry, draw pictures and later on I painted, both with
water colors and oil. About five years ago I began to express myself
through photography and recently began to experiment with editing some of
my photos. I think that this is my real voice in photography, as it
combines photography and artistic creations. What I really want to do is
to capture some of the beauty around me and bring it to people that are
not able to see what I see, or be where I am.

-Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in nature which is full of miracles and beauty, every
day, every minute, everywhere around me. I want my photos to teach people
about the quality of silence and enjoying nature. If people are able to
enjoy the beauty around them, they don't have to buy it. The real beauty
is for free.

-Do you have a favorite artist/photographer and if so who and why?

I don't have a favorite artist/photographer, but rather favorite
musicians, writers and literary works. My number one favorite literary
text is Volsunga saga from the 13th century, a text that I mention
frequently in a book I am writing about legendary sagas of the north.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30494898@N08/
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/adalheidur-gudmundsdottir/sets/72157623636117793
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.