Tuesday 14 December 2010

Culture? introducing Tang Chan...

..Today`s feature is fashion designer, photographer and editor Tang Chan. Tan Chan has this great eye for photography, and she has kindly answered some questions for us. I will let  the pictures speak for them selves, they do look wonderfull. So here it is, your daily shot at art with Tang Chan:








Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
My name is Tang Chan, I am a fashion designer and freelance editor. I am from China, now I am working in Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Guangzhou.

What inspired you to start being creative?
The ideas always comes to us unexpected, I like those ideas by surprise. We can choose different ways to express our feelings, once we start to work, it`s just like kind natural instinct to do so.

Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
In fact, I am an independent designer, but I also work as an editor or a photographer for magazines and brands.

Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
Yes, I have studied in a college of fine arts, my major was fashion design.

Where do you find inspiration?
I think the friends I meet in different cities is the most important thing that inspires me most.

Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I like Belgian painter whose name is Renë Magritte, he was so creative and I think I have been influenced by surrealism a lot. There`s a Japanese artist I also like, she has lots of fantastic ideas, but thats a pity she died when she was very young.

Where can my readers see you`re work?
http://tangchan.tumblr.com
http://flickr.com/photos/thangchan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.