Wednesday 15 December 2010

Culture? introducing Joseph Tomlinson...

..Todays feature is the talented Joseph Tomlinson. Joseph`s art is filled with movement, and the drawings are always very well made, and they always has a hint of darkness. Joseph Tomlinson is telling us some of his toughts around his work, so keep on reading. So here it is, your daily shot at art with Joseph Tomlinson:

..Blown..

..

..Light..



..Shadowface..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc? My name is Joseph Tomlinson, from Spokane Washington, USA. 48 years old. I fill sketchbooks with ink and make ceramic figurative sculptures. Currently I'm working on a new series of sculptures, but have no photos... yet.
-What inspired you to start being creative? Ever since I was a child I've been drawing, painting, or doing some form of art.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do? I draw and work in clay whenever I can, but I am a teacher to put bread on the table.
-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study? Took a few classes here and there but no formal art training...
-Where do you find inspiration? I live near the woods and it's a short walk to town, I see many things that inspire me to draw.
-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why? R. Crumb for his technique and medium, Robert Arneson for his ceramic sculptures.
-Where can my readers see you`re work? I have a blog... yardapeart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.