Thursday 17 February 2011

Culture? introducing Jesse Lenz..

JESSE LENZ
..Today I have the great pleasure of introducing the very talented artist named Jesse Lenz. In fact I like Jesse`s work so much that today we are doing a big feature. Lots of works, lots of inspiration. Jesse is telling us a little bit about himself and his art, so enjoy..
..Here it is, your daily shot of art with Jesse Lenz..

..boomers..

..coquetry..

..couvade..

..habitueu..

..kvetch..

..lacuna..


..medicare..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
I am a 22 year old artist living with my wife and dog in Frederick, Maryland USA.
-What inspired you to start being creative?
I guess even in high school I had a lot of things on my mind that I wanted to say, but didn’t feel like I could. Art was what brought those ideas / statements out of me and showed me it was alight to say them. Plus I found that people seem to listen better when you don’t speak.
-Is making art your full-time job, and if not, what else do you do?
Yep, I am a full-time freelance illustrator, and I love it! Best job in the world. -Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
-Where do you find inspiration?
Not to be a jerk or anything, but as Chuck Close said, “Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work”. Ha ha I found this very true. I personally find inspirations in old magazines and movies. I really love seeing what people 50 years ago thought the future was going to look like because we are living in thier future and it’s nothing like they thought it would be.
-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
Wow...I have a lot of favorite artists....but here are a few
Banksy-he puts the concept first...his work is so well thought out and clever. He never does anything because “it looks cool” everything has a meaning.
Peter Beard-his diaries are works of genius! Plus I love africa.
Richard Hamilton-I love how he works modern architecture into collages.
-Where can my readers see you`re work?


 


1 comment:

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.