Monday 7 February 2011

Culture? introducing Julia Pott..

..On this fine day, culture? has the pleasure of introducing the highly talented Julia Pott. Julia`s work is some of my favorite finds for culture?, and I hope you enjoy it too. Julia is telling about her work here today, so stay tuned..
..Here it is, your (almost) daily shot of art with Julia Pott:







-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
Hi, my name is Julia Pott and I am a 25 year old freelance illustrator and animator living in London in the UK.

-What inspired you to start being creative?
I have always had it in me, I told people I wanted to be a cartoonist and work for disney from when I was about 5, there was never any option really!

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
It is my fulltime job, luckily! But at the moment I am doing an MA in animation at the royal college of art so I have held off taking on any outside work until June.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
Yes, I went to Kingston University and studied animation and illustration.

-Where do you find inspiration?
It varies. I take a lot of inspiration from short stories, animators such as Priit Parn and Igor Kovalyov.
Film is one of my main inspirations, I love films that deal with relationships, such as Manhattan, Brief Encounters, Me and You and Everyone We Know. I recently saw Blue Valentine and that was
hugely inspiring.


-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I love the work of Miranda July. She can take such a subtle idea and pull it out and make it so relatable.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
www.juliapott.com
juliapott.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.