Sunday 20 February 2011

Culture? introducing mini-feature..

..Culture? is going to have some mini-features in between the large ones. This is for the singel pics I have just fallen in love with. I hope you all like it...First up is the young and talented:

ELIJAH MAJESKI

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about you, name, age, where do you live etc?I'm Elijah Majeski and I am a sixteen year old boy who is growing up in the suburbs of Detroit. I like looking at and taking pictures, as well as reading and writing, running and walking, adventuring and the like.

Can you tell us a little bit about how this picture came to be?This particular picture was incredibly spontaneous. Eccentricity has always been really inspiring and intriguing to me, so I thought I might attempt to make something that reflected that. I rummaged around my basement and ended up finding this cottony material and some gloves and old, old glasses. I then just sort of jumbled the cotton on top of my sister's head (a common victim/model for my art) and had her run with it. She's a hyper little thing, so she always comes up with interesting expressions and stories of her own, they're of an honesty that only nine year olds can come up with, really... and I think that fact was crucial to the photo itself.

-What makes you happy?Oh um. haha. I really like people and watching people's faces. That may sound really creepy but, it's true I really like watching people interact and talk and it makes me feel really happy to see people smile and interact with each other and the world around them. Nostalgia also really makes me real happy. I love memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.