Saturday 5 February 2011

Culture? introducing Paola Sala..

..Today`s feature is the one and only Paola Sala. Paola`s work is just marvelous, and the best part; Paola is telling us some thougts around her work. So enjoy the works, and enjoy the weekend..
..Here it is, your (almost) daily shot of art with Paola Sala:

..Gluttony..

..Incidente domestico..

..Lùomo nero..

..Manicure..

..Manubassa..

- My name is Paola Sala, I’m originally from Como but currently live in Milan with my husband, Giacomo, and our baby, Rosita. I’m 34.

- From what I can remember I’ve always been drawing with pencils; when I was a child I used to make up my own stories using my sketches.
A few years ago I started painting with oil, I’ve never used it before and immediately fell in love with it. I think oil painting helped me reaching this stage of my work, touching the canvas with these soft and deep colours makes me happy and helps the viewers perceiving the freshness and beauty of my characters.

- Unfortunately I don’t earn my living with paintings only, I’m also an interior decorator.

- I’ve studied contemporary art at the Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milan.

- I think my main source of inspiration is definitely my imagination.

- I’m a big fan of Mark Ryden, Jhon Currin,Gary Baseman, Ingres, Hayez, Edoardo Malatesta.

-I don’t have a website yet, but you can find me on flickr!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paolasala/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.