Wednesday 16 March 2011

Culture? introducing Ellie Noble..

ELLIE NOBLE
..On this fine day, I want to introduce you all to the strange world of Ellie Noble. Ellie`s work is always strange and surreal, and that is what culture? belives in. Ellie is telling us a little bit about herself and her art today, so to all you artoholics out there; enjoy...
..Here it is, your shot of art with Ellie Noble:


...


...


...


..Ellie..

Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
Ellie Noble, 24 from Lancashire UK

-What inspired you to start being creative?
I've always been making things and trying to express something! When I was 7 it was my biggest dream to be a ballerina and I spent all my childhood drawing pictures of pretty girls. I suppose I have always had this inescapable fascination with beauty and femininity.
All the same, I think reading 'The Face' made me want to take photographs; I desperately wanted to escape into a stylised dreamworld apart from mundane reality!

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
Yes, fulltime. I don't have a penny to my name!!

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?I studied Fashion Promotion at University of Central Lancashire - but I didn't complete I'm afraid. I got a bit distracted by the world outside the fashion industry.

-Where do you find inspiration?
I do have an introverted tendency to look inside myself for inspiration - dreams, fantasies, childhood memories etc - and how these relate to mass culture dreams in fashion and films, art and consumer culture. Psychology/sociology/ideology and provoking debate excite me too. I would say I am inspired by the experience of being a girl.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?If I have to pick just one I will say Balthus. His paintings are incredibly beautiful and personally unsettling all at once. They make you ask yourself questions as a viewer/voyeur. At the same time they are completely timeless and seem to exist in a dream.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?
Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellienoble/


culture? Ellie Noble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.