Tuesday 15 March 2011

Culture? introducing Emilie Lindsten...

EMILIE LINDSTEN
...On this cold, but sunny day, I am introducing the wonderful artist Emilie Lindsten. Emilies work is very dreamy, you get a distance as a viewer that is quite amazing. Emilie is telling us about herself and her art today, so lean back and enjoy....
..Here it is, your shot of art with Emilie Lindsten:

...
 
 
...

My name is Emilie Lindsten, I am 25 years old. I have both Swedish and Italian origins, but I grew up in Italy for most of my life.
I moved to London when I was 20 to pursue a career in fashion design but somewhere along the way I changed my mind.

-What inspired you to start being creative?
Creativity has always been a big part of who I am and how I relate the world, since I was very young.

-Is making art your full-time job, and if not, what else do you do?
I am currently finishing a part-time Master in Social Anthropology, so I suppose I divide my time between my studies and various creative projects,
some personal, some others are collaborations.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
I studied Fine Arts in Italy, in a small town in the north called Novara, after I moved to Milan to do a BA in Fashion Design.

-Where do you find inspiration?
Life, people, relationships, places, things, emotions, memory..

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
This is a very difficult question! I have always been very thirsty of exploration in art, film, theater, music and literature.
I prefer discovering each artists uniqueness and I am not sure I have any real favorite.I particularly admire artists that can combine deep contents with strong yet poetic aesthetics, creating a mysterious balance in their work that leaves one feeling emotionally richer or wondering about things.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?

www.emilielindsten.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.