Friday 4 March 2011

Culture? introducing Katarina Dubcova..

KATARINA DUBCOVA
....We are kicking of the weekend with the wonderful Katarina. Katarina`s work is classic black and white,  it is calming and interesting. Katarina is telling us about herself and her art today, so I hope you all enjoy....
..Here it is, your shot of art with Katarina:




Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
Hi. My name is Katarína, I am 17 years old and I come from Slovakia.

-What inspired you to start being creative?

Well, I don´t know how it started exactly but I think when I was a child. I always liked to draw. Also me and my friends used to make short films, it was just for fun but i think that´s how I got to photography.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?

No, it´s not. But I would be really happy if it would be in the future. Currently I´m still a student.


-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?

No. I haven´t.Everything what I know about photography I learned myself. Nobody ever gave me any advice about how to take pictures. But I take art classes two times a week, I want to improve my drawing skills.

-Where do you find inspiration?

Everywhere. But mostly I´m inspired by people around me, by nature, colors, movies, stories, music..

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?

I don´t think I have a favourite artist. But I can tell that I like photographic work of artists such as Diane Arbus, Sally Man and Richard Avedon. As for the current artists I like Annie Leibovitz, Robin Schwartz and my favourite fashion photographers would be Tim Walker and Paolo Roversi.

-Where can my readers see you`re work?

my website http://katkeaphotography.110mb.com/
flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/katkea/


culture? Katarina Dubcova!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.