Friday 8 April 2011

Culture? introducing Ali Cavanaugh...

ALI CAVANAUGH
..It is finally friday, and culture? is kicking of the weekend with a big feature on the wonderfully talented Ali Cavanaugh. Ali`s work is so calm and interesting, it is so peaceful it makes the world stand still for a little while. Ali is telling us about herself and her art today, so relax and enjoy...
Here it is, your shot of art with Ali Cavanaugh:

...I once thought about that moment..
..Divide the timeline into then..and now..

..Now the ditanse is not tangible..

..Re-assembling of thoughts to complete an understanding...

..Segment of a past revelation...

..The outcome is indefitite..and that`s ok..

Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?My name is Ali Cavanaugh. I am 37 years old and live in the United States.
-What inspired you to start being creative?
When I was 2 years old I almost lost my life to spinal Meningitis. Even though it took much of my hearing, my mom says that it left me with a deep sense of awareness about the world. In growing up, I had to depend on body language and the unspoken words that people use to communicate. It was early on that I became inspired to be an artist....wanting to put my thoughts into images instead of words.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
I am a full time artist and a full time stay at home mom.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
I completed most of my studies at Kendall College of Art and Design, but also studied in New York City at Parson's. My emphasis was fine art painting.

-Where do you find inspiration?
I find most of my inspiration from the people around me, mostly my teenage daughter and her friends. I also am inspired by animals, children, and textiles.
-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?My all time favorite artist is Andy Goldsworthy. I love and respect his ability to harness the natural elements and resources of mother earth. I'm in awe of his painstaking methods of creating sculpture that only exists for moments before being absorbed back into the earth....beautiful.           -Where can my readers see you`re work?          I have website www.alicavanaugh.com


culture? Ali Cavanaugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.