Thursday 26 May 2011

Culture? introducing Kelly Vivanko..

KELLY VIVANKO
...Today I have the honour of presenting the fabulous Kelly Vivanko. Kelly`s work is so well made, it has great expression, great colours and there is always a dark undertone to it. This is one of my personal favourite. Kelly is telling us about herself and her work today and I highly recomend you all to take a close look and take it in..
..Here it is, your shot of art with Kelly Vivanko:

..glare..

..pearl..

..red squirrel..

..bat-boy.. 
..preener..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
My name is Kelly Vivanco and I live in North County San Diego, with my husband, son and little dog.




-What inspired you to start being creative?
Creativity has forever been a part of my life and I have been drawing on things since I can remember.



-Is making art your full time job, and if not, what else do you do?
Art isn't my full time job. I have a day job doing photo simulations and work from home. It allows me to sit and paint when I finish my work early. Fortunately, working for a paycheck keeps me from taking my free time for granted, so I think it makes me more productive!



-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
I have a BFA from a small Southern California art school. I started out to get my degree in illustration, but switched to fine art halfway through.



-Where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration can come from anywhere but mostly I find it in nature, old photographs, fiction and music. I know it sounds corny, but sunsets and flowers are endlessly inspiring to me.



-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I admire many contemporary artists and illustrators as well as old masters such as Hans Holbein, Albrecht Durer, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Ingres.



-Where can my readers see you`re work?


1 comment:

  1. She is one of my favourite artists too. I should have mentioned it in my interview.

    Glad to see her around here :)))

    ReplyDelete

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.