Tuesday 17 May 2011

Culture? introducing Nancy Mungcal..

NANCY MUNGCAL
..I have the great honour of introducing you all to the very talented Nancy Mungcal. Nancy`s illustrations is so worked trough, it is so delicate and whimsical. I do think it has a laidback quality that is very hard to achieve. I recently did an art-trade with Nancy, and to have an original...it`s just great!..Nancy tells us about her work and her thoughts around it today, so enjoy..
...Here it is, your shot of art with Nancy Mungcal:

..

...

..I have this in purple, and I love it every day!..


Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
Nancy Mungcal ,Los Angeles, California United States

-What inspired you to start being creative? I started drawing and making things at an early age and it has fortunately always been a part of my life.

-Is making art your full time job, and if not, what else do you do? Making art is my work.

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study? I did not go to art school.

-Where do you find inspiration? My favorite source of inspiration is to travel and to go on road trips. There is such a sense of adventure and discovery when you leave your space. I am also greatly inspired by music and the girls I know and see when I am people watching.

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why? I do not have a favorite artist. There are many people whose work inspires me. A few of my favorites are Margaret Kilgallen, Walker Evans, Zoe Strauss, Julie Mehretu, and Kara Walker.

-Where can my readers see you`re work? on my website:
prettylittlethieves.com
shop:
prettylittlethieves.etsy.com
blog:
prettylittlethieves.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.