Sunday 28 August 2011

Culture? introducing Randy Mora..

RANDY MORA
..On this fine Sunday we are visited by the great Randy Mora. Randy`s collages are so pure in it`s form, although there is a lot happening they all have a peace that takes talent to manage. Randy is telling us about himself and his thoughts around his work today and it is really worth a read..
..Here it is, your shot of art with culture?..

..Torre Blanca..


-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
My name is Randy Mora, I'm 24 and I'm from Bogotá, Colombia. Besides making art and illustration, I really enjoy watching films from all over the world and listen to music, being these activities a fundamental part of my inspiration. I don't get out much so Internet has become my main source for work and communication. Since I'm a quiet person, I like to use my art as a way to screaming all the things that I find attractive or annoying about humanity.


..Biological..

-What inspired you to start being creative?
I think creativity is an inherent feature of all human beings. We don't start or stop being creative in a particular moment of our lives; we simply learn to develop this feature in different ways depending on our interests and the people who surrounds us.

..La pitonisa..

-Is making art your full time job, and if not, what else do you do?
Yes, I currently work as a freelance illustrator, specially in editorial media. I've also participated in several exhibitions and competitions around the world.

..untitled..

-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
No, I started making collages back in 2007 as a self-taught discipline while attending to the university where I was studying advertising. Still having a year left to finish I had to leave my studies because of personal problems, fortunately I found in Art my true vocation and now I can say I'm really happy doing this.

..Pan de vida..

-Where do you find inspiration?
I usually talk about the things that visually influence my work and I think is not really difficult for people to decipher the sources of that kind of inspiration. However, to address the issues that affect my work conceptually, the task becomes somewhat more complex, these issues end up being a mix of my obsession with human behavior, sin, evil, flesh, passions, sex, morality and many other topics that must be treated with special sensitivity.

..Gullivers sin..

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
The large amount of blogs and sites that I visit all the time makes it impossible for me to keep controlled the list of artists I find inspiring for my work. I'm currently in a rediscovery process of the handmade technique through assemblage and sculpture, so I'm getting closer to the work of artists like Jeff Wassmann, Bernardo Salcedo and Louise Nevelson.

..Madre..

-Where can my readers see your work?
In www.randymora.com you can find more of my personal and commisioned work

culture? Randy Mora!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.