Tuesday 13 September 2011

Culture? introducing Peony...

..Today we are visited by the one and only Peony (what a name and what a talent!). Peony`s work is surreal, brutal, dreamy and raw. As you might know from following culture?, I have a true love for artists that balances creepy and cute. Peony does this with a steady hand and it comes out great. You can read about Peony`s thoughts around her work here in culture? so enjoy..
..Here it is, your shot of art with...
PEONY
..oh-dear..

-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what
country you live in, age etc?

I'm always stuck on the same question when people ask to introduce myself haha. I'm Peony and I was born in Jamaica believe it or not and I moved to Hong Kong around 6 years ago. I was never the smart girl or the nice one either but I knew I wanted to draw and I have never stopped!

..black1..

-What inspired you to start being creative?
People inspired me mostly. One second I hate them, the next I just realize they probably feel the same way I do and I try to portray that through my drawings.

-Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
Unfortunately, no it's not. I just graduated out of college so I'm just working as a part time graphic designer at a toy company. My art is fully done as a hobby but I wish it was much more than that.

..spacegirl 1..


-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did
you study?

I didn't exactly studied art but I did for graphic design (is that art? haha probably some people think so). I studied at the Hong Kong Design Institute majoring in Graphic Information Design.

..bruised 2..


-Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration pretty much anywhere but not as often as I would like. I could be using the potty and I see a bug on the floor and I go HEY! I want to draw bugs with people!

-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
Currently, no.

..sick..

Do you want more of Peony`s work, go to:

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/weirdsimplicity/

culture? Peony!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.