Thursday 9 December 2010

Culture? introducing Mercedes Grosso...

..Today I am featureing the capes of Mercedes Grosso. Thed reason why it is a fashion feature is three things; the first is: the capes looks great, the second thing is: the promo-pictures are very cool and strange, and the third...you all need some christmas present tips. Mercedes has answered some questions about her work, so keep on reading. Here it is, your daily shot at art with Mercedes Grosso:






-Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?
I´m architect I´m 37 years old and I live in Spain but I was born in Venezuela, I have studied there and I have worked like a set designer in a big Theater in Caracas (my home town)
-What inspired you to start drawing?
I really don´t know...When I was a child I really wanted to know how to draw "in a good way" I crayed because my drawings not was "beautiful " like children´s books illustrations
I think that my motivation is the overcoming of a a childhood trauma

-Is drawing youre fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?
Well today I´m trying to manage my own textile label... drawing is a tool for my bussiness because I design textile patterns... but I really want more time to draw only for pleasure.
-Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?
Not really, I only went to a architecture school, and I did a postgraduate course in "architecture, arts and crafts" I never have being in a formal art school.
-Where do you find inspiration?
Everywere, it depends...some times I like the cutest thinks like pets or cozy teapots and some times I feel so ironic and I like to laugh about "fashion world" with my illustrations
-Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?
I really like japanese naive illustrators, and in the "big art world" I´m a fan of Joseph Cornell´s collages because the order and the passion for collect things...
-Where can my readers see you`re work?
In interenet ! In my flickr and blog (I´m not famous)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.