Tuesday 8 March 2011

Culture? introducing Kyu Hwang..

KYU HWANG
..Today`s feature is the greatly talented Kyu Hwang. Kyu`s work is minimalistic, surreal and inspiring, and luckily for us Kyu is telling us a little about the work today. So, sit back and enjoy..
..Here it is, your shot of art with Kyu Hwang:


....

....
...


Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself, name, what country you live in, age etc?My name is Kyu Hwang, and I'm an artist working out of Vancouver, Canada. I was originally born in Seoul, Korea, grew up mostly in Europe (London, Frankfurt, Budapest,) and came to Vancouver in 2003.

What inspired you to start being creative?I've always liked to draw, even when I was a child.

Is making art your fulltime job, and if not, what else do you do?After I graduated from University, I had several full-time/part-time jobs. I worked as a graphic/web designer, barista, coffee roaster, etc. A few months ago I decided to pursue art as a full-time job, and so far it's been great.

Have you gone to art school, if yes where did you go and what did you study?I graduated from Emily Carr University of Art and Design in 2008 and majored in Visual Fine Arts.

Where do you find inspiration?Music, films, other artists, travelling...

Do you have a favorite artist and if so who and why?At the moment I'm really into the works by Marcel Dzama, Mel Kadel, Mark Ryden, Yoshitomo Nara, and Evan B. Harris. Their styles are all very different from each other, but there seems to be a certain mood their works share.

Where can my readers see your work?http://takeiteasyplease.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plusq/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.